To refund a person who has registered and made a payment, there are multiple ways to refund them.
1 - by Participant Search in the left menu and Select a person.
2 - by Group / Team Search in the left menu and select the team details.
3 - by Payment Search in the left menu and select the payment details.
Option 1 - Participant Search
- this is applicable when an individual person has registered and made payment, not a team payment.
In the Financial Summary section, click the "View Invoice" button in blue to take you to the Invoice page.
- this may list 1 or more payments for the person.
On the Invoice Page, in the payments Received section, click the action cog for the payment you wish to refund, and click "Make a Refund"
This will take you to the Payment details page and click the "Refund" button at the bottom.
On the Refund page, tick the item or items you wish to refund under Select.
- then type a number in the box of how much you wish to refund them.
Then click the Refund button.
A summary page will then show the amount to be refunded. Check the total amount and click the Confirm button.
You will then be returned to the payment details page and it will show the charges as Refunded.
Option 2 - Group/Team Search
- this is applicable when a team has registered and made payment, not an individual person.
Click the "Group/Team Search" link in the left admin menu.
- search for a team and then click the team name to view their team details.
- then click the blue "View Invoice" button in the financial summary section.
Refer to the details as above (Option 1) to complete the refund.
Option 3 - Payment Search
- this is the quickest option, if you know who the person is that made payment. The payment person is not always the same as the participant.
Click the "Payment Search" link in the left admin menu.
- then search for the payment and select the record.
- then continue with the refund as per the refund details above.